Quotes

You seek my redemption, a fool's errand.

Then I must be the most foolish of them all because I won't stop looking, not now, not ever.

Why do you reach so far? Why can't you accept life as it is?

I reach because I know with effort it can be reached, that even the tallest trees must come to an end. To accept life as it is, that is simply ridiculous, because you know it can and will be more if you nuture it. That is what your redemption is, a tiny seed in need of nourishment. I will provide it, even if it kills me, you will not stop me, nothing will.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Bubbles...

"What do you need my help with?"Keltin asked.
I told him about my dream. His face got paler and paler as I continued with my story.
"And you want me to help you? I just met you."
"I know this is a little sudden, but I couldn't think of anyone else to go with me."
This conversation is getting awkwarder as we continue to talk.
"Okay, I'll go with you. But how are we supposed to contact this Bubbles guy?"
"I'll summon him when we are in a safe place."
Keltin nodded. He grabs his jacket.
"Let's go meet Bubbles." He says.
We leave and head of into the woods. We hear the steady trickle of a nearby stream. I stop.
"We'll do it here."
I take out a knife and some herbs and a small pot.
I place the herbs in the pot, and set it on fire with my hand.
I took the knife and cut my hand, and muttered a spell.
"Powers of the seers that rise
Their course unseen across our skies,
Come to us who call you near, come to us and settle here.
The blood of a royal to the eternal bond of a servant, I summon thee.
Master to servant, I ask thee to return to me."
My blood dripped into the pot. There was big splash and a puff of mist.
"Guess they don't call you guys witches for no reason." Keltin said.
"I could still curse you either way," I said laughing.
"Remind me never to get on your bad side," he hands me a rag to clean my hand with.
I nod. Suddenly, a luminescent light appeared. A small ball the color of a blueberry was there.
"Your looking for help from a ball?"
"Why does every one always think I'm a ball?" said a small squeaky voice.
"Maybe because you look like a ball." Keltin  said.
"Humph. I am a buzzu. The faithful servant of the Malvanian Royal family."
When Bubbles saw me he bowed.
"My lady."
"Hello Bubbles it has been a long time."
"Why have you called upon me? My Lady."
"Bubbles I have talked to Azarius. I want to know what he meant when he said I was under his control."
"Your mother told me this day would come."
"Are you going to tell us or not?" Keltin  said.
"Yes of course. When your mother was pregnant with you. There were complications. You were having medical problems. You were going to die. So, to save you, they went to all magical and non magical creatures and asked them to give up some of their powers and blood to help you. They agreed."
"Why would they do that?" I asked.
"Well, the same thing had happened before with your grandmother, Clarissa so they thought it would help you like it did to her."
"But why?"
"It was the only way. So, naturally you already have lots of powers even more than your grandmother. Because unlike Clarissa's potion, yours had Azarius's blood in it. So, he can control you."
"Did my parents know that his blood was in my potion?"
"No, no one knew until it was to late. They thought they would raise you to follow the right, so he couldn't get to you. But you know that they died before they could."
"Thank you for telling me Bubbles. You may go now."
He nods. And dissapears into a silvery blue light. The information is overwhelming. I feel like I'm going to faint. Keltin  catches me as I fall to the ground. He supports me as we walk back to the inn. Now I know Azarius is going to use me to get to everyone else. I can't be trusted. I can't go back to Sonya, I'm a danger to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment