Quotes

You seek my redemption, a fool's errand.

Then I must be the most foolish of them all because I won't stop looking, not now, not ever.

Why do you reach so far? Why can't you accept life as it is?

I reach because I know with effort it can be reached, that even the tallest trees must come to an end. To accept life as it is, that is simply ridiculous, because you know it can and will be more if you nuture it. That is what your redemption is, a tiny seed in need of nourishment. I will provide it, even if it kills me, you will not stop me, nothing will.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Byron...( Siblings of the Forest bk.1 cont...)

After a long time of walking, I got tired. But Ash's necklace kept me going literally.  It was pulling me the direction of my siblings. Ash and his magical charms. Eventually, I think the necklace got the feeling that I needed to rest, and it stopped. The moon had come out for its regular visit to its friends the stars. The darkness enveloped the whole meeting. My eyelids were getting tired. They began to droop and cover my eyes. Wait, I thought I need to eat. I pulled out the small amount of rations that I had taken with me. I began to nibble on some beef jerky. All of sudden, I heard a hissing sound coming from above the trees. I look up. A dropping sound catches my attention and I look at the ground. A creature catches my eye. I scream. Terrified. A snake slithers towards me. Not any normal snake I'd had ever seen. It was pure silver like moon light. It also had some peculiar black designs of it's back in the shape of flowers. I freeze. The snake is getting closer and closer, until I feel it's presence in my heart's rhythmic panting.
"Stay back!" I shout.
The snake doesn't listen and if that wasn't worse, others were closing in for the kill. Great, Mom you didn't give me anything to help myself. I felt completely useless. When the snakes were within striking distance, I decided to take action. I concentrate really hard on the snakes. Get them away from me, I think. I squeeze my eye's close. The hissing is coming closer, until the snake's repulsive breath is on my face. I hear it lunge at me and then nothing. Nothing but the sound of sizzling sound, like bacon on a hot skillet. I open my eyes enough to see the snake who lunged at me turn into dust. But, there were still others to worry about. They edged closer once more, this time with more caution.
Stay back, I'm warning you. Stay back or you'll pay the ultimate price. I think. Some how, I think it is working they are retreating. That's when I see the arrows. They are every were flying at the snakes. I see several snakes dead. There is a silverish looking blood spilled all over the ground. I stare in horror. Then, I see him the boy. The boy with the fiery red hair and yellow eyes. Eyes like a lynx, a predator. And he was coming towards me. I'm dead, I think.
"You should really be more careful out here,"he said.
I just nod very nervously. He could kill you at any minute.
"I'm Byron by the way, Byron Dore." He said.
"Elizabeth, Elizabeth Clarke." I say.
And I stand there very shocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment