Quotes

You seek my redemption, a fool's errand.

Then I must be the most foolish of them all because I won't stop looking, not now, not ever.

Why do you reach so far? Why can't you accept life as it is?

I reach because I know with effort it can be reached, that even the tallest trees must come to an end. To accept life as it is, that is simply ridiculous, because you know it can and will be more if you nuture it. That is what your redemption is, a tiny seed in need of nourishment. I will provide it, even if it kills me, you will not stop me, nothing will.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Testing....(Saving Silla cont..)

"Dezirell, wait!" Joselyn shouts.
" What?" I ask.
"You almost forgot your prayer robe."
My prayer robe? I think. How could I have almost forgot that? I could be killed right on the spot for not wearing it out side. She pulls out my silky black robe. It covers most of my body.
"Thanks." I say.
"Hurry, we got to hurry." Joeslyn pants. Running very fast. Before we know it we are there. There, is a purple building. I mean purple purple, that purple.
A old man stands on the balcony. His beard is so fluffy and white, that I think he's wearing a bunny. It's Gwendovier  Rasmussen, the ruler of Silla. A.K.A. the Master.
"Welcome to the 2014th Annual Testing Day." He says.
He's probably that old himself, I thought.
"In a few moments, you will be instructed to your testing rooms. Once you are there, you will be tested. You will be tested in the mind,body, and emotions. I strongly encourage that you do your absolute best for the sake of the program. Now let us bring on the day!" Rasmussen shouted.
"Bring on the day!" I shouted with the others, as we kneeled down to pray. We kissed the ground.
"Oh blessed Master. We thank you for the food you give us. The protection you give us. We bless thee. Long live the Master." We chorused throughout.
Then, I stood up. And followed the other 16 year olds, down a dark hallway. But before I went. I looked up at Gwendovier  Rasmussen, he glared harshly back. And I went into the darkness, with the smell of medicine burning my nostrils.



Before I knew it, we were in a small room with lots of tables. They told us all to sit down and wait to be called to test. They seperated us by last name and birth date. Since I was younger than Joeslyn by 9 months so I will be lastish. There aren't that many people with last names after M-O. They are usually A's, E's, or D's.
"Catherine Ekaterina Accola." They called out.
And one by one, we dissapeard. Then, they called out "Joeslyn Nicole Morgan."
And Joeslyn was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment