Quotes

You seek my redemption, a fool's errand.

Then I must be the most foolish of them all because I won't stop looking, not now, not ever.

Why do you reach so far? Why can't you accept life as it is?

I reach because I know with effort it can be reached, that even the tallest trees must come to an end. To accept life as it is, that is simply ridiculous, because you know it can and will be more if you nuture it. That is what your redemption is, a tiny seed in need of nourishment. I will provide it, even if it kills me, you will not stop me, nothing will.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

The Infection.....

The Infection

Prologue

Who lives? Who dies? Who decides these things? The questions have been around since the beginning of time. Who will decide our fates? If our lives look bleak and hopeless, do we deserve to be left alone? Are we to be left alone to die in a decaying world, if there is another choice? Could it be that we are destined for a haven away from that corrupted world? A haven hidden in the deep blue, that is under the world we once knew.

In the world I live in, my fate is left up to to the government. They decide whether I live or die based on if I’m of any use to them. Am I someone they can use? Can I help create a better future? I am apart of the surviving generation, the ones who get to live, if you can call it that. My home is on the S.S. Welfare, a submarine full of the world’s greatest minds and technology. We are the only thing that is keeping the human race from going extinct. They clothe us. Feed us. Shelter us. They give us everything we used to have. Yet, it all seems so wrong. There are people, people up there on land, suffering and dying everyday. And only because their fate was chosen for them. I despise the government for what it has done to them and I regret not being up there with them helping them. But I think of the alternative and my body shivers. The only other alternative is sickness and death. Death by Malesia, a newly developed disease. A disease which wiped out over half of the world’s population in only 3 weeks. A disease which I am powerless against because the government hasn’t found a cure yet. They claim that they’ve been working on the antidote for months, at least, that’s what I’m told.

No comments:

Post a Comment