Quotes

You seek my redemption, a fool's errand.

Then I must be the most foolish of them all because I won't stop looking, not now, not ever.

Why do you reach so far? Why can't you accept life as it is?

I reach because I know with effort it can be reached, that even the tallest trees must come to an end. To accept life as it is, that is simply ridiculous, because you know it can and will be more if you nuture it. That is what your redemption is, a tiny seed in need of nourishment. I will provide it, even if it kills me, you will not stop me, nothing will.

Monday, June 2, 2014

Stolen (The Stolen Series)

This is a new series that I'm writing. I hope you enjoy it!
This series takes place in 2149, where the secret of magic has been revealed. The people who have magic and those that don't. Those that don't, persicute those with magic. They start by killing the magic worlds leader. Then, they keep them isolated. One day, a few will be taken to serve the nonmagical people. This is a story about Kassy, a young mother, during this time who is magical and her daughter Vara who are part of the people that were taken. Or referred to as the Stolen.

Kassy's POV
The sun's torrid heat gleamed down on my body. The fields had grown considerably more than last fall. There were lots of apple trees and the corn crops were flourishing quite nicely. Surely this year, we would have a feast. But, that was highly unlikely because the Judes always took it all away. They only gave us enough to survive through the season. And the work had multipled. I wiped the moistness off my forehead. And looked over at courtyards, where the only school was. Vara was playing with the doll I had made her. I smiled. Vara had always appreciated everything she was given, no matter how worn. We maybe didn't have as good things as the Judes but we were the best thing we could ever want. I bent down to harvest once more. Shortly after, a mysterious shadow loomed over me. I glanced up. Ceyx was looking down at me. I stood up.
"Hi." I said.
"Hey. You've been looking to, haven't you? He asked.
"I can't help it. She looks so lonely. What did we do wrong, C?"
"What did we do wrong? Nothing. We are the best parents a person could ever have. Besides, we'll see her soon. Work is almost over." He said, kissing my forehead.
I smile. He moved my sweaty red hair away from my face.
"It's like your hair is plastered to your forehead. You'd better hurry up and finish your work before Big Foot comes and tries to kiss you." He says, laughing.
"Or tries to marry me." I add.
"Well then I'll just have to mark my territory then, won't I?" He said.
I laugh and watch as Ceyx goes back to his work. But, I couldn't help think something wasn't right. Something bad was going to happen. A sort of premonition, that I had. Of course I wasn't clairvoyant, because my father was human. Ceyx's mother was human, so he can relate. Still, this eeiry feeling was disturbingly horrific. I glanced at Vara. She was still playing with the doll. Everything's okay, I thought and returned to work. Not knowing how wrong I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment