Quotes

You seek my redemption, a fool's errand.

Then I must be the most foolish of them all because I won't stop looking, not now, not ever.

Why do you reach so far? Why can't you accept life as it is?

I reach because I know with effort it can be reached, that even the tallest trees must come to an end. To accept life as it is, that is simply ridiculous, because you know it can and will be more if you nuture it. That is what your redemption is, a tiny seed in need of nourishment. I will provide it, even if it kills me, you will not stop me, nothing will.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Lonely Stable Boy....

This story is told from both of Emilia's parents. When they first fell for each other.
Alexandra's POV
Dear Diary,
Life in Malvania is rather complicated. Mother constantly insists on me finding a suitor. But, I don't think I can go through with it. I want to marry for love, not just any love, true love. I don't want to marry for riches or for the approval of my family. No, I want to find love, and perhaps someday, go on an adventure.
Father agrees with mother always. I thinks it's because he's afraid of her. One never knows. I do hope someday, that I can sway him, to not marry me away.
That reminds me, today one of my closest friends, Matilda got betrothed. She didn't seem to pleased, but she can't go against her father's wishes, it is law. I just don't see how much longer I can follow law, it's too constricting for my liking. Anyway, she tells me that I am to be a bridesmaid at her wedding ceremony. How fantastic is that? And I just know she'll ask Jo to be one to. Jo (Josephina) is my other closest friend, we have been the best of friends since what seemed like forever. Mother doesn't approve of her, but then again she never likes anything. To take my mind off it, she wants me to go riding. Like riding will clear my head. My mind wants what my mother can not provide for me, imagination. And just letting me be me.
Well, diary hopefully we will meet again soon. Until next time. Au Revior! (Goodbye.)
Alex.

I left the black leather journal under a board in the floor. You can never be to careful. I ran out the door. Stomping down the stairs.
"Alexandra! Stop running this instant." Mother said, furiously.
I stopped right in front of the door.
"And look at you. Your hair is a mess. The only thing your actually doing right is your clothing."
"Mother, please stop nagging. I'm only going to be seen by Richard and the other stable boys. Besides, only blondes worry about their hair so much. And I'm a brunette. Nothing to worry about." I say. Edging closer to the door.
Mother gasps at my blonde comment. I would assume as much, because she is in fact a blonde. Her hair falls down to her waist in honey colored ringlets. She always wears her hair in an ancient Greek style braid. It seems a little odd to me, but that's coming from someone who is currently wearing a dismantled braid. Mother's eyes are always cool and glassy. I can't tell what she is feeling ever. It's like she's purposely locking me out.
"Well, see you later." I say as I open the door.
"Oh and Alexandra, be sure to come straight home after your done. Your father and I have some thing to discuss with you." Mother calls after me.
"Sure," I yell over my shoulder. And I run of to the stables. When I reach the stables, Richard is waiting for me.
"Your Highness," he says, after a slight bow.
"There is no need to be formal Richard, call me Alex." I say. He smiles.
"Well, Alex. I believe that Rose is waiting for you. And what's that other name, Matti and Sislencé are waiting for you." He says.
"What?" I exclaim.
"They are by Zaem Forest."
"Thank you." I say, hugging him.
"Your welcome." He says, pulling away.
"See you later," I say.
"Yea. See you."
I rush out to Zaem Forest,

No comments:

Post a Comment