Quotes

You seek my redemption, a fool's errand.

Then I must be the most foolish of them all because I won't stop looking, not now, not ever.

Why do you reach so far? Why can't you accept life as it is?

I reach because I know with effort it can be reached, that even the tallest trees must come to an end. To accept life as it is, that is simply ridiculous, because you know it can and will be more if you nuture it. That is what your redemption is, a tiny seed in need of nourishment. I will provide it, even if it kills me, you will not stop me, nothing will.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Alone... (Emilia/Sonya's Story)

Emilia's POV

The wetness on my cheeks alerts me that I'm crying again. Seeing Sonya and Marvin come after me like they did, reminds me of the old days. And I find myself going back to the days when things were perfect. At least as perfect for us as they could have been.
"Z! Wait up!" I shout to Zanabell. I was 11 again when I was first at West ville Academy. Zanabell, Marvin, and I wanted to go to on a picnic in the woods. School wasn't canceled at all, we just needed a break. 
West Ville was tough on kids, they were always trying to get us to our full potential. As usual we were being our usual rebellious selves.
When we got to the valley we just ran and ran around. Not caring if anyone saw us. Just feeling weightless and free. I just let my hair blow in the wind.
We basked in the sunlight. Just us. Our own family. Together. Always and Forever.


But life wasn't like anymore. I still have to care. Bare the weight alone. I'm a danger to myself and everyone else. They are better without me in their lives. They just don't see it yet.
A knock shocks me out of my thoughts.
Keltin pokes his head in through the door's crack.
"Emilia? Sonya really wants to talk to you." He says.
"I can't talk to her Keltin." I say wiping the tears out of my eyes.
"I just really don't think she's going to take no for an answer." He says.
A laugh builds up in my lungs. Good old stubborn Sonya.
"OK." I say.
"OK? Are you sure?"
"I said okay didn't I, send her in."
He nods. Minutes later, he returns with Sonya.
I motion for her to take a seat next to me on the bed.
"You're being ridiculous by blocking everyone else out. I can help you, you know. We can help you."
"But that's just it Sonya, you can't help me. No one can. Azarius's control on me will not waver. He will continue to control me and one of these days you're going to get hurt."
"I can take care of myself. Emilia I know for a fact you would never hurt me."
"How do you really know? How do you really know that he won't make me kill you?"
"I don't know for sure. But, I do know that your my sister and sister's protect each other. And besides how long have you been under his power and you've never tried anything."
"That was different I wasn't aware that he had power over me."
"Is it? Is it really that different? Emilia, you've had his blood in you ever since you were born. You can fight it."
"I think it's time for you to leave." I say, standing up.
"Emilia, please don't shut me out again. Please, you don't have to keep away from me anymore."
"I really think you need to go." I say.
"Emilia, please we can help you together. You don't have to live in fear. I will be right here."
"Sonya, please just go back to the castle, your life awaits. Don't dawdle around the thought that I can be redeemed."
"Emilia, but.."
"Yes I know, you mean well. But leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but aloness is the key to live. Just stay away and you'll be safe from me."
"Emilia I can't live a life without you."
"What do you mean, you can't. You have to."
All of the sudden, the room started to feel very cold. The room was completely frozen and the room began to shake.
"Emilia, you can stop this. I know you can." She says, as she edges closer to me.
"No I can't, I don't know how. Nobody does."
"Sure you can, I know you can."
"Your such a fool, I can't be free. There's no escaping the coldness inside of me. I can't control the curse."
"We can figure this out together,"
"Oh, Sonya please your only making this worse."
"Emilia there is no need to panic, we can fix this thing together."
"There is so much fear, your not safe here any more, I'm sorry."
"Fear? Emilia what are you talking about. No one is afraid of you. Your the only one afraid."
"No. I'm not."
"Then, let me help you."
"No, I can't!" I shout.
The pressure of Sonya's soothing words is killing me. I do the only thing I can. I orb out of there. The only place I can think of going is to a friend's. And I leave, desperate and alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment