Quotes

You seek my redemption, a fool's errand.

Then I must be the most foolish of them all because I won't stop looking, not now, not ever.

Why do you reach so far? Why can't you accept life as it is?

I reach because I know with effort it can be reached, that even the tallest trees must come to an end. To accept life as it is, that is simply ridiculous, because you know it can and will be more if you nuture it. That is what your redemption is, a tiny seed in need of nourishment. I will provide it, even if it kills me, you will not stop me, nothing will.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Trapped...

Emilia's POV

I continued to see faces. Grotesque faces. They scared me. They spoke and wept of guilt. And each time I saw a face, I began to feel more and more guilty. I saw my parents' faces. My mother's face was stern and stricken at the same time. My father looked upon me with hatred.
"Mother, Father, it's me Emilia." I said.
"Who's Emilia? Do we know you?" My mother looked at me confused.
"I'm Emilia. Your daughter." I said.
They still seemed confused on who I was. The worse possible thing imaginable was that your own parents don't remember you.
"Oh yes. That piece of scum that I gave birth to. I remember a little to well." My mother's eyes were as cold as Alaska.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I failed you." I say.
"You should be. I expected more out of you. Everyday, you continue to waste your potential more and more." My father said.
I words stung my skin and my heart. Disapproval from those you love more than anything, hurts more than any other. Suddenly, they began shouting at me.
"...pathetic little girl."
"I hate you, you never helped me at all."
"Nobody wants you."
"Who could ever love you?"
"Stop it!" I shouted. I began to crumple as they shouted.
When I looked up again, they were gone. Instead standing in front of me was Sonya.
"You left me Emilia. I hate you!"
My mind was filled with images of all the people I loved. They hated me. Coward, they called me. Demon sent from the deepest parts of damnation. It pierced my skin. Until then, I saw Elias.
"You abandoned us. For what? Your stupid school for freaks?" He said.
"No. Never,I would never leave you guys. It was an opportunity I couldn't afford to turn down. I was going to be free." I said.
"Free? Free of who? Us? You abandoned us and your just making up reasons to justify it."
"That's not true. I care about you guys."
"Then were do your loyalties lie? With those you share blood. Your pathetic sister, Sonya? Or those who understand you? Your kinswomen. You can't have both. You'all have to chose."
However, the voice didn't belong to Elias but Azarius.
Then, he appeared. He looked more malicious than ever.
"Chose. Chose or someone will pay the price for your stupidity. I will contact you again Emilia, and when I do you will have a choice to make. Chose wisely." He said as he disappeared into a faint trace of fog. I had a choice to make. But I couldn't. I was trapped.
I awoke gasping and spulterring for air.

No comments:

Post a Comment