Quotes

You seek my redemption, a fool's errand.

Then I must be the most foolish of them all because I won't stop looking, not now, not ever.

Why do you reach so far? Why can't you accept life as it is?

I reach because I know with effort it can be reached, that even the tallest trees must come to an end. To accept life as it is, that is simply ridiculous, because you know it can and will be more if you nuture it. That is what your redemption is, a tiny seed in need of nourishment. I will provide it, even if it kills me, you will not stop me, nothing will.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Middleton's....

Emilia's POV

I orbed to the closest place, that I could be safe. To my old family, the Middleton's. I had kept in contact with them through letters. Now, it was time to see if they still kept me close, close enough were they would let me stay with them for sometime. I found myself drifting back to when I'd first met them.

I was a small 5 year old with not much fat on me. I had just been kicked out of my foster home for the 3rd time. I was sent to Mary- Beth's Home for Children. I wandered through the bare hallways very lonely. All of the sudden I heard voices and shouting. I turned to find the source of the noise.
The voices belonged to an older woman and a small boy about 7. The boy was holding a handful of bread. The woman was shouting and pointing at the bread.
"You've already had your bread for the day! Now give me that slice you stupid rodent." She shouted.
"Please Miss, it's for my little sister and brother. They are starving. If you please just let me give it to them."
"No. That bread stays here. Give it to me now!"
She leaned in and grabbed for the bread, almost successfully getting it. Except for, I stepped on her foot as hard as I possibly could for the age of 5.
The woman yelped. And dropped the bread. I caught it and handed it to the boy. He grinned.
"Enough you pesky rodents. You, no food for you for a week." She said pointing directly at me.
I did what any decent child would do when a adult threatened them, I spit right in her face.
She shrieked again. I grabbed the boy out of there.
We just stared at each other for a while.
"You didn't have to do that you know."
"I know. But you needed that bread for your family more than that evil witch did."
"Thank you," he says. I nod.
"Oh, I'm Elias by the way. Elias Middleton." He says.
"I'm Emilia, Emilia Vanquek." I say in a small voice.
"C'mon," he says gesturing me to follow.
He leads me through several hallways. Then, it to a small room. In the room, I see a boy my age and a little girl about 2.
"Welcome to the family." Elias says. Leading me towards my new family.

I knock on the door of the mansion. They've done well, I think.
The sound of footsteps coming towards the door startles me out of the thought. The door opens cautiously. A girl pokes her head out. Her blonde hair is longer and more fine then, the last time I've seen it. Her cool, sea blue eyes are startled and excited at the same time.
"Millie!" She shouts wrapping her arms around me.
"My dear Carrie, oh how you've grown." I say.
I hear more footsteps coming. I see through the open door, Elias. Elias with his dark brown hair and his chocolate brown eyes. He's older now, and more muscular.
"Emilia, what a surprise, please come in." He says smiling.
I nod and me and Carrie go inside.
"I've missed you so much." She says, looking up at me and beaming.
"And I have missed you to. And look how much you've grown. How old are you anyway?" I ask.
"Guess." She says simply.
"Let me think. 9? 10? 12?" I say.
"Nope. 14."
"14? My your practically the woman of the family."
Wow, 14. I've been gone 6 years. So much has changed.
Carrie giggles.
"Now, were's your grump of a brother?" I ask.
"Huh? Oh you mean Nate? He's lurking somewhere."
"I see."
Carrie has me sit on the couch. She sits on my lap. I stroke her hair.
"Will you tell me stories of your life?" She asked.
"Of course. Tales of dragons, fairies, and magic?"
She shakes her head with excitement.
A cold breeze seems to fill the room. It's nothing just ignore it. I look over at Elias, he's smiling as I talk to Carrie.
"Stop acting like such a baby Carissa. Get of her lap." A cold threatening voice pierces through the happiness.
I look up next to Elias and see a tall blonde haired boy. Nate.
"Hello, Nate." I say.
Carrie winces as she sits next to me on the couch.
Nate's stormy gray eyes haunt me as I try to comfort Carrie.
"Emilia." He says.
And my stomach does somersaults as it tries to get away from Nate's evil gaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment