Quotes

You seek my redemption, a fool's errand.

Then I must be the most foolish of them all because I won't stop looking, not now, not ever.

Why do you reach so far? Why can't you accept life as it is?

I reach because I know with effort it can be reached, that even the tallest trees must come to an end. To accept life as it is, that is simply ridiculous, because you know it can and will be more if you nuture it. That is what your redemption is, a tiny seed in need of nourishment. I will provide it, even if it kills me, you will not stop me, nothing will.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sealed and Broken....

Emilia's POV

Tears were all over my face. I screamed. Elias' arms were holding me a second later. He rocked me back and forth.
"Hush now. It's okay. Your safe now." He crooned. I sobbed quietly into his chest. Clutching him tight.
"Terrifying..... They hated me." I said between breaths.
"Sshh. Don't talk right now, just sleep." he said soothingly. The rocking was so comforting, that I forgot all about my dream before. I soon found myself sleeping in his warm embrace.

I awoke for the first time at 2 a.m. I heard shuffling downstairs. I looked around for Elias, he wasn't here. I got up and went to look for him. I peered through the door to see if anyone was there. No living being could be seen. Carrie must still be asleep. After that, I crept quietly and swiftly down the stairs. The light in the kitchen was on. Elias just probably wanted a snack. But that did not seem to be the case as I edged closer. Elias was indeed there but not alone. Nate was there with him. They were arguing.
"How could you let her back into our house?" Nate was whispering.
"Nate, you now as well as I that you don't deny family from your home." Elias said.
"She is not family. She is the farthest thing from it. She abandoned us, Elias."
I became aware that they were arguing about me.
"She didn't abandon us. She went and lived her life, is that so bad? And besides you at least in one part of your life called her your family."
"Shut up!" Nate shouted.
"Shh. You'll wake up Emilia and Carrie."
"Why do you care about her so much anyway? Do you love her?" Nate snarled.
"She is my family, same as you and Carrie. Now be quiet and go to your room." Elias whispered very crossly.
"You do, don't you."
"That's enough Nathaniel. Go to your room."
"If father was here he would never do this."
"If you remember, the one we used to call father beat us half to death."
Nate stormed of. He almost ran into me as he went to his room. I pressed my back against the wall as far as I could. Nate turned for a second as if he knew someone was there. Then shrugged it of and began his storm once more. I let out a sigh, but I hadn't realized that Elias was still there.
"Emilia?" He had gotten a glimpse of me.
I came out of the shadows.
"Did you hear everything?"
I nodded. There was no point in lying to Elias.
"He didn't mean it you know. He's just angry."
"I know," I said.
"Are you feeling any better? You had a pretty nasty nightmare."
"Yea." I said yawning.
"Geez, what time is it?" He said staring at the oven's digital clock.
2:37.
"We better get you to bed." He said as he scooped me up and walked up the stairs.
He laid me in his bed once more.
"What about you?" I whispered.
"Don't worry about me. I'm going to stop any more nightmares from hurting you." He said smiling.
"How do you plan on doing that?" I say sleeply.
"With my bare hands of course."
I let out a small laugh as sleep cocoons me once again,

The second time I woke up, I think it was around 10 a.m. Carrie jumped on me.
"Up! Up! Time to get up!" She shouted.
I got up.
"Carrie, stop it. She's trying to sleep. She had a rough night." Elias shouts from the doorway.
I sit up and rub my eyes.
"Sorry if I woke you up. You can go back to sleep if you want." Carrie said sadly.
"Don't ever apologize for that Carrie. And why would I ever want to go back to sleep when there's fun to be had?" I asked.
She giggles.
"Breakfast is ready." She says.
"Good, because I'm starving. We need to get to get dressed, though."
She nods.
I stand up with Carrie's hand in mine. I wave my hand around us. And magical little pink orbs float around us. Carrie is fascinated. A minute later, we are dressed. Me in a pink dressy shirt, dark blue jeans, and tan knee length boots. Carrie in the exact same thing.
"Let's go then, shall we?"
We walk down the stairs.
The table holds only one plate.
"I already ate." Carrie says.
"Well then, why don't you go get a book and well go read outside." I say.
She runs of. I sit down and begin to eat. I get through about one piece of my pancake before Nate enters the room.
"Well if it isn't the little witch." He says.
I ignore him. I will not let him get the best of me.
"What are you really doing here? You're not here for a "family" visit, I know that. What are you hiding?" He says.
"Nothing. I'm hiding nothing." I say.
"Your lying, Emilia. I've known you since we were 5. I know when you lie. So tell me what are you hiding?"
I stay silent, it's not any of his business.
"You ran away, didn't you? You hiding from your perfect world of magic."
Again, I stay silent.
"Coward. But don't worry I'll keep your little secret for now." He says, as he walks of.
I wait until he's gone before I breath again. He can't possibly know what my secret is. He did know when you were lying. That's different. My mind began to wonder if Nate did know my secret. He said his lips were sealed for now. But if anyone knew Nate at this time in life, he would break his word. Sealed and Broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment